How frustrating it is due to single mistake in QBs accounting software can hinder the process of balancing the accounts and become time-consuming in tracing and fixing the error.
Following can be the reason for discrepancy-
- Earlier recorded transactions have been modified added or deleted.
- Adjustments in rectifying entries.
You can minimize such errors in your accounts by following instructions for correcting the transactions.
You can correct the improperly posted bank transaction in QuickBooks by revising bank accounts.
What all is required to follow-
- Set up QuickBooks. From top navigation menu click Lists. For the opening, the Chart of Accounts window go to the context menu and select Chart of Accounts.
- To sort the accounts type click Type on top of the window. And then move to Bank section.
- Now double click on the bank account which is not recorded correctly to open account register.
- Now search the wrong entry within the list as QBs shows them in date order.
- Go to the transaction and click on Edit button from the menu bar available at the top of the window. Here you can change the incorrect details by selecting the suitable tab and from drop down list choose the correct information for each tab. You can change Memo, From Account, Received From, Payment Method and Check Number with this. Highlight the already entered amount and write the new amount in input box for changing the entry.
- Depending upon the version of QuickBooks either click Record or ‘Save and Close button to save the correct transaction.
Note: If you are unable to search the incorrect entry in the register, in that case, you will have to Undo the previous reconciliation until the opening balance is rectified. You can proceed with reconciliation every month, checking the opening balance is correct or not.
QuickBooks Customer Support at your service 24/7. Just call +64-04-8879113 If you are unable to fix the error of incorrect transaction then don’t worry. Just Contact QuickBooks Support NZ team at our toll- free number +64-04-8879113. Our experts will instruct you how to proceed with QuickBooks software.
Read More: – QuickBooks: How To Enter The Expenses